Jan 31, 2022
After another successful year, Kian is hiring a Senior Associate in Atlanta to join us in our next phase of growth.
- Position: Senior Associate
- Company: Kian Capital Partners
- Location: Atlanta (Immediate Start)
About Kian Capital Partners
Named as one of the Most Founder-Friendly Private Equity Firms by Inc. Magazine for two consecutive years, Kian Capital Partners is a private equity fund with offices in Atlanta and Charlotte focused on making investments into the lower middle market. We currently have $425 million of capital under management across two active funds. We focus on being the first institutional capital in founder and management-owned businesses. Our firm has a supportive investor base that is primarily composed of recognizable institutional investors and is positioned to continue to grow and create opportunities for all members of the firm.
The Senior Associate will support senior investment professionals in the investment sourcing, due diligence and portfolio management functions of the firm. Specific responsibilities will include:
- Financial Analysis & Modeling: Create financial models to analyze the cash flow, investment return and valuation of new investment opportunities and existing portfolio companies
- Investment Approval Materials: Prepare memos and other approval materials for Kian’s Investment Committee
- Industry Research: Conduct research on market size, growth prospects, demand drivers, key competitors, etc.
- Third-party Diligence: Facilitate diligence activities with Kian’s third-party partners (e.g. senior lenders, accountants, attorneys, IT consultants, strategy consultants)
- Portfolio Management: Assist with ongoing monitoring and ad hoc strategic projects for portfolio companies
- Investor Relations & Fundraising: Compile financial reports and analyses of current portfolio companies for existing and potential investors
- Marketing: Provide support and attend industry events, conferences, trade shows, etc.
Minimum of 4-6 years of financial experience, including 2-3 years of direct investing experience within private equity or credit/lending – lower middle-market experience is a plus. Candidate must have past deal execution experience and the ability to independently understand and create complex financial models.
Ability to multi-task in a dynamic environment, work independently, prioritize work effectively and meet stringent deadlines while maintaining high quality of work standards.
- Team player
- Strong analytical and communication (verbal and written) skills
- Outstanding organizational abilities
- High attention to detail
- Desire to learn
An undergraduate degree is required.
Interested in Learning More?
Contact Jonathan Williford, Vice President (Atlanta Office), at email@example.com or 470.823.3010.
For me personally, it is a very exciting time to join Kian Capital. The firm’s reputation and brand are highly-regarded, and it is a firm I’ve been following closely. Kian’s collaborative approach brings more than just capital to the table and creates a value proposition that is truly differentiated within the private equity middle market. I’m looking forward to being an integral member of the team.